Friday 12 August 2011

Called to Preach the Gospel

There can be no doubt about it, but the greatest and most glorious call that can come to any man is the call to preach the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ, the Gospel of God (Rom.1:1). There is nothing so exalted or so exhilarating as speaking to men on behalf of God.

I became aware of this call to preach in 1971/72, and from that day, the awareness of that same call is current with me. There is nothing I want to do more than to preach the mighty Gospel of God. There is nothing I enjoy more than declaring "the whole counsel of God" (Acts 20:27). It is still the work that I want to do full time.

I am very grateful for the invitations I receive to conduct worship in the various denominations, and to preach "Christ and Him crucified" (1 Cor.2:2) to the congregation. I wish there were more such opportunities, and that I could be engaged in this divine work every Sunday, and through the week.

Invitations to preach the Gospel may be sent to me by email at JEHLynch[at]gmail.com or by telephone on 0044 (0)28 7963 4684. You can contact me by letter at "West Lynn," 23 Parkmore Close, MAGHERAFELT, Co. Londonderry, Northern Ireland, BT45 6PL.

No comments: