Thursday 13 December 2012

Our Never-failing Friend

The amazing thing is that people are wondering why **** is still so joyful and enjoys so much peace as she does. We know why – God in Christ lives in her heart and His life is overflowing through her.  The circumstances would depress anyone, so the reason for her joy and peace lies elsewhere.  How wonderful it is to face the unknown and uncertain future confident that God has already been there and He will take her by the hand and led her on.

God is good – I never tire of saying this.  He is our never-failing Friend, the One Who promised through His Son that He would “never leave us nor forsake us.” With Him, we can take it one day at a time, and leave everything in His loving hands.  It is truly amazing what He can do in and for those who have surrendered their lives to Him.

Now is not the time to ease up in your prayers.  There is still “more land to be taken,” and by God’s grace we will come through triumphantly.

2 comments:

Smidgivitt said...

So true! A poem of praise I wrote a few years ago:

When the wilderness prevails
And discouragement unveils
The sadness of my heart,
Moans and echoes all apart,
To God my soul does flee
Who sets my spirit free!

Like the singing from a cage
Is my mournful, doting page
When I ponder on about
My soul's long dreary drought
Until my prayer upward soars--
"Father!" soon my heart adores.

And in His pure, majestic love
He alights from high above
Overflowing with His grace,
Landing full upon my place
To fill my heart with peace,
Joyful gladness my release!

My loneliness cannot abide
With God my Savior on my side.
The devil's darts may pierce my mind
But Christ the Healer walks behind,
Binding wounds of tearful hurt
And giving me faith to stay alert.

Completing soon His tasks in me,
He kneels and gives His promise key
To unlock the cages of my life
That chain me in their sin and strife.
When I can't feel or comprehend,
He's still there, my God and Friend.

Hazlett Lynch said...

Thank you, Sean, for commenting on my post. Your beautiful and Bible-based poem squares well with my piece. May our blessed Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, bless you as you serve Him.