Wednesday 30 January 2013

Faith - in Hospital

Recently, I had to undergo minor day surgery, and my surgery was first on the list for that day, so I was taken early.  Everything well very well, and was brought home by my son, David, in the afternoon.

Your prayers for today have been answered.  What made it even more delightful for me was that I had two men with the initials J.C. with me, the most important being Jesus Christ; the other was John Calvin.  It was simply amazing how conscious I was of the Lord’s presence right from getting up this morning, and I just wanted above all else to be in His gracious company.  Fellowship with the Lord was so sweet and encouraging, and Calvin brought His truth to me in a most practical way.  I felt so relaxed and joyful as I sat awaiting to be called to the Theatre suite.

A patient beside me was very fearful about his operation, which was not as serious as mine and his was done by local anaesthetic.  His wife told me of his worries and concerns, and while waiting in the ward, he was so quiet, subdued, thoughtful.  After his surgery, he was telling smutty jokes to a nurse.  Isn’t it amazing how shallow an impact the prospect of eternity has on some poor souls!  As soon as they perceived pressing danger is past, they revert to their godless way of life.


No comments: