Monday 21 January 2013

Satan Attacks God's Children


Today, I had to send out an urgent prayer to some Christian friends requesting prayer for Margaret that she might experience the reality of the devil's defeat at Calvary and on resurrection morning in her life.  She has been coming under quite severe attack today, as I have, and the evil one is paying great attention to both of us.  Please plead with the Lord for us that we might soon see Satan trampled under our feet (Rom.16:20).  She does not have any physical manifestations to be concerned about but she feels hot and then cold for no good reason.  With the physical aspects ruled out, we believe that the only alternative is spiritual attack.  So a very urgent request was sent out.
This morning I was giving my son a hand with his work.  I was on my own at the warehouse, and it was as if anything that could go wrong did go wrong.  If it wasn’t losing a necessary tool, it was not finding a needed product.  I was becoming impatient with myself and annoyed at what was taking place.  Then I realised that this was the devil – what a nasty piece of work he is.  He has been defeated by Christ both at Calvary and at the tomb, but he hasn't got the message yet.  He was unable to destroy the mighty Son of God, yet he tries to destroy those who are His.  But he is a roundly defeated enemy of Christ and of Christ’s people.  Wouldn't you think someone would tell him so?  We’ve told him umpteen times and I suggest you have too.  But he still does not get the message.  I suppose God is teaching us to cling to Christ always, and especially when the devil dogs our every step, and to trust in Him alone for protection and salvation.  If God demonstrated to us every time we needed it that Satan was conquered, we might become lax and undisciplined; we might even think that it was our godliness that did it, rather than Christ’s power and grace.  
Our foe is relentless is his opposition to God’s redeemed people.  His persistence is admirable, but I don’t want to give him any credit whatever. He’s a lousy loser, and because of this we feel his wrath against us.  Thankfully God has said to Satan, “Thus far, and no further.”  And we are safe in the hands of the Almighty.  

No comments: