Saturday 28 April 2012

Who is Sufficient for Christian Ministry!

What will God have to do to me, with me, or in me for me to be useful in His hand?  That was the single question that exercised my mind and heart as I walked the beautiful sun-kissed beach at Portstewart, Northern Ireland.  I am booked to preach twice tomorrow (Sunday), and the responsibility of this task is heavy upon me.  I know what needs to be preached, but "who is sufficient for these things?"  I feel so unworthy to stand in a pulpit with the Christian Gospel; but this is the work to which God has called me, so I will not be disobedient to God's call.
How then am I to minister?  Well, I must be utterly dependent upon God's grace, totally reliant upon God's gracious enabling; I must seek Him as never before and cast myself unreservedly upon Him.  He will help me.


No comments: